Wednesday, May 7, 2014

What's Holding You Back?

What is holding me back from living the life I wanted and saw myself leading when I was younger? Me. I am. Believing that I no longer shape my own reality. Believing that there is some other-worldly invisible force holding me back and whispering negative things in my ear like, "you can't make money as an artist-you have to be responsible. You have kids, for god's sake, " or "what the hell makes you think you are that talented or that special? Successful artists are one in a million-it's a status reserved for the Picassos and the Warhols of the world!" Well, do you think Picasso or Warhol knew they were "Picasso" and "Warhol" when they were making their first pieces? Hell no. And they were told the same damn things by their inner voices...what made them different? They didn't listen to those voices and they just didn't give a damn. I wanna be that artist.

No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage