Friday, November 26, 2010

Happy holidays from the Studio!

It hardly seems like an entire year has gone by and yet, Christmas is just around the corner again. I am watching the months- and consequently, the years- just fly by at an ever increasing rate. My little girls are now 18 and 5 and I find it amazing and wonderful and scary all at once! I have jumped back into photography with both feet...well, more like a resounding belly flop! I was shown how to do layers and blending and I think I may have actually found my niche in this world. I see plain ordinary things in a whole new light and I have started concentrating on the macro world for use in photo collages. It has opened up a whole new level of artwork for me that I never thought I could do. I am in love with my camera again. See, we had a falling out for a number of years because I couldn't achieve the style I wanted so badly to achieve. I knew what I wanted the final image to look like but it wasn't possible with film and I just couldn't master Photoshop without some much needed help. LOL now, I am running full-bore into the world that I always knew existed but couldn't find the door to. LOVE IT! The small town I live in is lacking in any late night coffee shops so here I sit in the parking lot of our 24 hour Walmart writing because I needed to get out of the house to concentrate! Getting a great visual? Radio blasting the classic rock station and me looking like a crazy person, I'm sure. Hey, it was either that or I sit in a bar and get harassed or sit in Denny's and probably get the same. Please, if you are from NSB, take it from a town full of writers and artists....we need a late night coffee shop where people who don't drink a lot can sit and chill and hold a conversation or just be alone! LOL anyway, I hope everyone's holiday was spectacular and peaceful. i hope you got to be with family and friends and the people who matter the most. Pace yourselves...this is just the kick off to a month full of visits, stress, going, doing, parties, get-togethers and gatherings! Happy holidays. Kat

No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage