Friday, September 14, 2012

A Day to Create

Hannah paints her sailboat
Hard at work...Deadlines! Deadlines!
Almost done! Hope it dries before the rain!
    Yesterday, I dropped Hannah off at school, came home and didn't stop until I dropped into bed around midnight! I had just finished helping Jeremy make my artist's boards the night before and knew I had to have at least five boards, primed, painted, photos mounted on them and sealed by 1 pm the following day and when I got back from doing the school run, it was crunch time. You'll be proud to know, however, that I made my 1:00 deadline, was able to pick Hannah up from school and go drop all the finished photographs off on schedule! Yaaaaaay! (Self high five!)  When Hannah and I got back home, after 4 pm, we decided it was far too nice outside, feeling like fall a little early in Florida (warm river breeze, no humidity and only 85 degrees-- we usually don't see these temps until November!) so we set up art camp outside, under the passion flower vines, just outside my studio. We played there for hours, She painted the little wooden sailboat her daddy made for her the day before and I finished some more photographs and art. (You can check out all the new pieces at my Etsy store.) Just a little summer-beach-cottage-themed art work to get us all through the upcoming winter. I hope you enjoy seeing and buying them as much as I enjoyed making them. This is my first, true passion- photography- and I capture images close to my heart of the beautiful, quaint little beach town that I have grown up in for the last thirty years. At this point in my life I can't imagine living anywhere else that could even come close to the little paradise that we have carved out here! My lifestyle, my heart, my soul, my attitude and my home all reflect where we live and what coastal living is all about. The good (the weather)...and the bad (also the weather...a little thing we like to call hurricane season). LOL
     Another event for us took place today, as well. Hannah just attended her last day of school at Coronado Elementary. It's the little school on beach side that almost everyone who has lived in New Smyrna their entire life attended at one time or another. They will celebrate 51 years of education this year! It was a bittersweet goodbye and Hannah asked to have her traditional first day of school photo taken as a goodbye photo as well. We went to the back-to-school BBQ this evening and gave out loads of hugs and then both of us left a little teary eyed. She starts Samsula Academy charter school on Monday. It celebrates it's 100th year open this fall! Trading in the inability to decide on outfits everyday for the comfort and sanity of school uniforms, we are ready to start the next chapter in Hannah's education. I can finally breathe easier since the stress of making the decision to transfer is all over. 'whew'... Well, that's all that's new on my end. I hope each and every one of you had a splendiferous week and an even better one next week! xo
Traditionally her FIRST day of school photo, today it is also her LAST day of attendance at Coronado! :-(



No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage