Thursday, September 6, 2012

Vintage lab beakers I found yesterday...
Vintage Good Housekeeping magazine-I love this cover!



Early American tin pie safe that I just refinished-now I love it and want to keep it instead of selling it!






























    
     I am a collector and love old things. Especially funky old industrial or salvage things that I can reuse in a design for a new use. The old lab beakers have found new life as bud vases for interesting props in photo shoots as well as my fireplace mantel. The pie safe was being refinished to be sold on my Etsy page but I fell in love with the aqua color and the old flaking finish so I have decided that it might have to hang out for a little while until I can bear to part with it. Plus, it has some sentimental value as it was a piece my other half and I found on one of our Sunday drives. I'm a romantic, sentimental fool which also makes me somewhat of a pack rat, I'm afraid. Every photograph I take is influenced by, or contains elements from my own home decor and I try and reflect our sense of style in everything I do. My oldest daughter is away at college which I believe is what makes me so sentimental for things from the past. My youngest daughter has just started first grade. She is forever and again begging me to PLEASE stop taking pictures of everything she does! The time went by so quickly with her sister and I was told I could probably never have a second child, so I made a vow when she was born that I would not miss a single thing...and I haven't...well, mostly. Lol I hope that I have instilled in my girls the value of "old things" and a love of vintage and antique items. I also hope that I have given them a "green guide" for turning what may otherwise end up in a landfill into something new, useful and fabulous! well, it's my morning tea time and then I'm off to take Marbles (my sweet, deaf Aussie pup) for a little walk...xoxo

No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage