Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hellooo World!

    Wow! It has been so long since I have posted on here and I apologize for leaving anyone hanging, though I am never sure if anyone is reading anything I post here anyway! LOL I have a rather large web footprint...I am on Flickr, Twitter, FB, Tumblr, Google plus, Instagram and here. I was on Posterous before they disappeared into the Internet Abyss. So, keeping up with it all with "one click" is essential and I only wish I could connect my Blogger account to the rest in some way.
     Anyway, I have been really super buy with new work and new galleries and shops that are taking my art in on consignment and I am looking forward to the rush of keeping up with what I hope to be a high demand of new work on a regular basis. I have added furniture to my repertoir. I am buying up old solid wood furniture from flea markets, estate sales and markets and refinishing it in a distressed style and reselling it. I love the idea of saving great pieces from the landfill and "upcycling" old pieces into new designs. It combines everything I love to do: treasure hunting, junking, antiquing, painting, designing and selling. LOL It doesn't get any better than that as far as making a living from doing what you love! Though I can't post EVERYthing I have been working on over the past year, here is the recent stuff:


No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage