Friday, October 5, 2012

New Etsy Items

 October-A Month of Festivals
     
     Whew! It has been a whirlwind of volunteering and putting items together for Hannah's school's fall festival and 100th birthday celebration! I have been so busy that I want to apologize for seeming to abandon my small group of readers. I will try to be more vigilant in my postings!
     I added the children's clothes to my Etsy page--finally! My mother, GiGi, makes the most beautiful little girl's dresses from vintage pillow cases and these are a couple of them. She also made the overalls out of a baby soft vintage chenille bedspread. It is one of my favorites! The little denim dress is perfect for Christmas photos! 
    





     In addition to adding new items to Etsy, I've been volunteering at Hannah's new school and carving my niche there. I really enjoy being there and seeing how much she has opened up and enjoys her new teacher and friends. I find myself looking forward to volunteering because I have met so many nice people there myself. There are a lot of artisans and crafters out in the Samsula area of New Smyrna Beach. It's full of farming families, horse people and folks whose families have lived out there in the area for over 100 years! Great family values and good, old fashioned country charm and wisdom. Who knew that what I have been searching for all these years was right in my own backyard! Isn't that usually the way it goes? LOL I have wanted to live in the country for a few years now, what with having my backyard chickens and I really want Hannah to have a lamb to raise. My dogs would have room to roam and I would definitely add to my flock of chickens. Well, I have started looking and hoping to find a nice small place out there to rent for my mom and grandma to move to. They would love being close to Hannah's school and I am out there a lot now anyway, so it would be no trouble to have a garden and my chickens and lamb out there. It'd be fun!

     I made a beautiful gift basket for the silent auction at the school's fall fest and Centennial Celebration tomorrow. I am quite pleased with the way it turned out! It contains one of my custom designed necklaces, one of my hand bound journals, one of my hand-forged garden markers, a vintage bone china tea cup and saucer, organic tea, pecan meltaway cookies, local honey sticks, a laminated book mark made from my hand-marbled paper and a knitted scarf that my mother made. It's a "mom-care" basket and I can't wait to see who bids on it! Mom and I have decide to add custom gift baskets to my Etsy page as well...look for them or ask for one for the holidays!
     Well, It was great playing catch up for a few minutes! I hope you enjoyed seeing the new things I have been working on! I'll be posting images of my just-finished "old" art journal AND images of my newly-started art journal in my next post this weekend! Please come back and check in to check out my new paintings in my journal....I'm LOVING the hand made water color paper pages! It's a 17" x 19" large journal made in Nepal, I believe! The paper texture is so dreamy!I thought it's size would be intimidating but I have discovered a new sense of artistic freedom in the format. Anyway, stay tuned!  

No comments:

Loveliest Garden

Loveliest Garden
"Loveliest Garden", Encaustic mixed media collage